AW: [WT-support] WinTest in German "WAG" Contest

Winter, Andreas andreas.winter at siemens.com
Fri Oct 21 09:27:25 CEST 2005

Hi Larry,

see below.

> - German "DOK": In General these are 3 digit numerics: one letter -
two
> figures. Some stations have "Special" DOK which have "abnormal"
> combinations. These are "cut" by WinTest to three digits or not
> accepted.

This has been privately reported by Ben DL6RAI and already fixed. But
tnx for pointing it out too.

> The field for DOK in German contests should be extended. I
> believe 10 digits (figure or letter) should be sufficient for any
cases.

In all cases, today, this field cannot be extended to more than 8 chars.

Does such a long DOK *really* exist (or existed) ?

=> 8 characters should be fine. Personally I know only "Special" DOKs up
to 8 characters / special DOKs with 8 chars are issued.
But nowadays nobody is safe for changes ... So 10 characters was a
suggestion of me to cover every case.

There is another point which came up in our internal after contest
discussion: Alt-K is the keyboard mode. To leave the keyboard mode I
have to press ESC. Is it possible to leave the keyboard by pressing
again ALT-K, as it is implemented in CT?

WinTest is a real great contest programm!

Thanks & 73

Andy, DK4WA