[WT-support] CTY callsign exception handling --BUG--

Laurent HAAS - F6FVY f6fvy at free.fr
Fri Oct 21 01:53:04 CEST 2005

Hi Ben

Büttner, Bernhard, FCI1 a écrit :

> So in fact, I think it's not really something to worry about and I assume CT
> would behave pretty much the same way since there is no easy way in cty.dat
> to discern prefixes from complete callsigns.

You're definitely right. In fact, I think the only way would be to list
*every* callsign longer than AL7O (meaning AL7OA, AL7OB ... AL7OZ) as
exceptions with the correct zone (01 I guess).

And it's going worse, as this last version of CTY.DAT contains *many
more* US exceptions than before. I suspect AD1C to include the whole FCC
database in a next vesion ;-) [Note : DO NOT TRY THIS !].