[WT-support] Telnet in Network!

Laurent HAAS - F6FVY f6fvy at free.fr
Fri Oct 21 02:50:10 CEST 2005

Hi Gerald

OE2GEN a écrit :

> Resolved the problem as follows.
> Changed the IP settings from DHCP to fixed IP!
>
> I believe it's a problem in my Office-network!

For info, two possible problems :

1/ Your network admin does not allow "broadcast" frames from this
workstation for security reasons, or whatever...

2/ When using DHCP, does the subnet mask still the same as the one used
with a static IP ? The easiest way to know it is to try a ipconfig
command in a command-line window (DOS wnd) in supposing you can open one
- some admins also do not allow it - in both cases. Or running winipcfg.