[WT-support] CTY callsign exception handling --BUG--

Laurent HAAS - F6FVY f6fvy at free.fr
Fri Oct 21 02:19:18 CEST 2005

Hi Bon

Bob I.2.WIJ a écrit :

> I found something even worst:
> type K4VU then you get zone 05,
> which is wrong since K4VU is exception in zone 3
> but if you type K4VUJ you get zone 3!!

I checked and found what's wrong. The currently available CQWW.DTB
database (dated from July 2005) locates K4VU in zone 5. I ignore the
reason of this. Maybe his FCC record was in zone 5 at that time, or
maybe is it a mistake ?

Anyhow, Olivier F5MZN just rebuilt the HF.DTB and CQWW.DTB from the last
K5ZD SCP files, and in cross checking US stations zones with the current
FCC database. These files should be released shortly, and K4VU should
then guessed as 03 ;-)

For K4VU* callsigns, see Ben DL6RAI post.