[WT-support] CTY callsign exception handling --BUG--

"Büttner, Bernhard, FCI1" bernhard.buettner at eads.com
Thu Oct 20 15:21:44 CEST 2005

I tried this and found the following:

AL7A and AL7O are not a  problem.  However, AL7W is listed as an exception
in the current CTY.DAT, dated October 15, 2005 (line 438) in that this
station is located in zone 3. Logging AL7WA, AL7WB and AL7WXX also guess
"03" as an exchange. However, when you log these correctly the first time,
this exchange guessing is overriden (correctly) the second time you log it.

So in fact, I think it's not really something to worry about and I assume CT
would behave pretty much the same way since there is no easy way in cty.dat
to discern prefixes from complete callsigns.

73 Ben, DL6RAI