[WT-support] Win-Test V2.19.4: Some improvements and problems

Laurent HAAS - F6FVY f6fvy at free.fr
Sat Nov 12 01:04:21 CET 2005

Hi Sig

Tnx for your long report.

I let Olivier answer on VHF+ and WK specific topics.

Siegfried Kleinöder a écrit :

> 1. I’ve had a blue screen during the contest.
> Machine: IBM notebook, 233Mhz, 128MB RAM, COM1 Winkey V9, COM3/COM5 USB
> to RS232 TNC/Radio1 Kenwood TS850
> I have no idea why? Reboot system, all work fine, nothing lost
> uffffffffffffff...

We are interested in a formal step by step procedure to reproduce this
bug, if any.

> 3. In this true VHF CW contest, cluster information in SSB Range is not
> displayed.

(snip)

Edit the MODE.DAT file.

This has been already discussed on this list.

> 6. In VHF/UHF contests, sometimes it is necessary to send very low speed
> CW. 20 WPM is in some situations to fast.
> Is it possible to set minimum CW speed, slower than 20 WPM and WinKey?

The current dvpt version can lower the speed down to 12 WPM. It will be
operational in the next official version.

> 8. Packet login:
> I want to connect my TNC via packet window. This isn’t possible, because
> to connect to a digi, I must use escape sequences.
> First, to set channel = ESC S1. What does the Packet Window do? Right,
> it closes like other windows when pressing ESC.

Use Ctrl-E to mimic an ESC character in the Packet Window.

> 9. Buying Win Test:
> Some people are interested in Win-Test. Some have none PayPal or credit
> card (like me).
> In the European Union, it is the cheapest way to buy via bank transfer
> form your own account.
> You only need the IBAN and BIC (SWIFT) from the payee. Make this
> information available on your "Buy WIN-TEST" web page.

For obvious reasons, we can't make these informations publicly
available. Please contact sales at win-test.com for further informations on
the different ways to buy WT.

> 10. I want to use Win-Test in DARC – XMAS and DARC 10m contest.

(snip)

Noted.

New contests are added along the time. Like in real life, being patient
and polite are usually the best ways to be heard ;-)  We'll do our best...