[WT-support] WIN-Test

Laurent HAAS - F6FVY f6fvy at free.fr
Tue Nov 1 22:55:45 CET 2005

Hi Chris

Sauvageot, Christoph a écrit :

> maybe i have to read manual again and most of the point's "human errors".
> ( will use WT as next on dxped's - yes i have selected: Dxped mode)
>
> 1. where i can add further modes like SSTV, Pactor and FM ( no needs in
> Contest mode )

You can't. Win-Test is primarily a contest logger, and the DXPed mode
has been added with simplicity in mind. Thus, only basic modes (CW, SSB,
RTTY, PKT, PSK, iirc) can be selected to enter QSOs.

> 2. if i change mode by hand at radio to a none contest mode like FM or
> RTTY and also switch soft with Cntrl-F2 ; after few seconds soft switch
> back to CW, also the radio
> ( i try 2 different Icom radios - same result; PC - TRX interface works
> well!);
> If i change between SSB and CW with Cntrl-F2 - radio switch exact and
> fast -> WT knows only CW and SSB ?

Mostly. See above.

> 3. wtDXTelnet has no list where i can pre-define my needed cluster nodes
> ( if my main node broken - i need a fast change; pick one from a
> drop-down list, not search for the sheet of paper where i have writen
> the IP address as reminder) => means the function like WL or other
> logging soft has

WtDxTelnet doesn't support several predefined hosts for now. FYI, these
datas are stored in wtDxTelnet.ini.

> in Contest mode:
> 1. in contest Mode: if you change band by hand on your TRX and you doit
> wrong (example: to 17m), TRX1 window show's the 17m QRG - but QSO input
> windows show's the "old" band and log to the "old" band - no error
> warning - field not locked!

1/ It is very unlikely you will have to enter a real contest QSO on 17m...
2/ Changing band from WT (by entering 20, 80, etc... or a frequency in
the callsign field) is the prefered method.