[WT-support] Wintest 2.14 in WPX-CW

Bernhard Buettner wintest at dl6rai.muc.de
Tue May 31 09:33:55 CEST 2005

Hello Olivier, hello Larry and rest of supporters!

First time ever we tried Wintest in a serious contest (WPX-CW) and we
are absolutely hooked. Olivier seems to know what he is doing! None
of the team members had and problem and we were surprised how
intuitive and stable the program was. There was not a single glitch
in the entire contest. We logged 4465 QSOs in the M-2 category
scoring ~11 million points using two stations and four OPs (DL1MGB,
DK4YJ, DK9TN and myself).

As a long-time CT user, I would like to ask for some following Keystroke
additions - all of them CT standard and not very important but
"nice to have". Then I have a question and a suggestion.

1) ctrl-A and ctrl-E in the callsign field. I regularly type with my
left hand and I use these combinations to get to the beginning or the
end of the callsign. I know that you can use ctrl-Left and ctrl-Right
but that requires two hands.

2) ctrl-PgUp: Move 24 hours back in the log. Nice to see what you did
around this time on Saturday.

3) I would like to see ctrl-G moving to the end of the log when you
are ready editing something above. Maybe the behaviour can be changed
so that when the input field in the "Goto qso..." window is left empty
the default focus will be on the "End" button in that window.

4) Then I have a question: How does the program know what my RUN
frequency is? When I move to a new band, I start calling CQ and
immediately check the band map for any spotted multipliers worth
working right away. Jumping to their frequency works fine, but
when I hit Alt-F4 to get back to my run frequency, the program
jumps back to the RUN frequency on the previous band. After some
time this phenomenon goes away but I don't understand the mechanism.

5) After almost two days of using the program, every team member had
his own setup of windows, fonts, etc. So after every shift change,
people started clicking around here and there to match the setup
to their liking. Did you think of User Profiles which could be
used together with the OPON/OPOFF feature? Someone even suggested
roaming profiles but that may be a little too much to ask.

Again, let me say that I am very, very excited about Wintest -
first time I can detect progress in the right direction in so many
years!

73 Ben, DL6RAI
--
DL6RAI