[WT-support] Packet problem and WAE

Olivier F5MZN olecam at f5mzn.org
Thu May 12 08:41:45 CEST 2005

Manfred Wolf a écrit :
> Hi Olivier,
>
> can you please help me getting cluster via packet radio running.
> I cannot find a solution in the manual.
> I have in config TNC on COM1, 9600, N, 1 (TNC21S works with N1MM and these
> settings)
>
> Alt-T: the "conn" and "bye" buttons are greyed out, when I type esc the
> window closes.
> how can I send commands to the TNC?
> -----------
> I  made first tests in WAE:
> After typing in all QTCs another Alt-L closes the window and writes the QTCs
> into nirvana.
>
> I think Alt-L should also save the QTCs or give at least a warning message
> that QTCs will be lost.

If everyone agree, I'll add a dialog boxto ask the operator if he really
accept to loose the QTCs. OK?

> when I tune the band and hear a dupe, dupe is displayed, but then no
> additional message, how many QTCs can be received from this station.
> Also the message "QTC ok: 10" is not clear at first glance. Better would be
> "QTCs needed: 10"

Noted.

> What I liked very much on N1MM was the "QSY wipes entry window and writes
> station into bandmap-feature" So I could easily fill in my own bandmap with
> minimized commands. Of course this must be user-selectable.
>
> Also nice: when you tune the bands and come to a frequency, where a
> bandmap-station is and press space or call him with F4 the call was
> automatically written into the entry window.

We will try to get at least your two wishes included in one of the next
releases, I guess it isn't too difficult to do.

I was also thinking to display the bandmap-callsign automaticcally in
grey in the callsign field position. If the operator hits space or F4,
then the callsign becomes black and is validated (aka really present in
the callsign field). But this devel needs a bit more coding! ;)

Olivier / f5mzn