[WT-support] Packet problem and WAE

Manfred Wolf dj5mw at gmx.net
Wed May 11 16:16:54 CEST 2005

Hi Olivier,

can you please help me getting cluster via packet radio running.
I cannot find a solution in the manual.
I have in config TNC on COM1, 9600, N, 1 (TNC21S works with N1MM and these
settings)

Alt-T: the "conn" and "bye" buttons are greyed out, when I type esc the
window closes.
how can I send commands to the TNC?
-----------
I  made first tests in WAE:
After typing in all QTCs another Alt-L closes the window and writes the QTCs
into nirvana.

I think Alt-L should also save the QTCs or give at least a warning message
that QTCs will be lost.

when I tune the band and hear a dupe, dupe is displayed, but then no
additional message, how many QTCs can be received from this station.
Also the message "QTC ok: 10" is not clear at first glance. Better would be
"QTCs needed: 10"

What I liked very much on N1MM was the "QSY wipes entry window and writes
station into bandmap-feature" So I could easily fill in my own bandmap with
minimized commands. Of course this must be user-selectable.

Also nice: when you tune the bands and come to a frequency, where a
bandmap-station is and press space or call him with F4 the call was
automatically written into the entry window.

The above features are not essential, but nice to have. Please don`t think
about adding them, if it is very complicated to do.
What I especially like on WT is that it concentrates on the real important
things a contester needs.

Thanks for adding my previous ideas in the latest release!

73 de Manfred, DJ5MW