[WT-support] voice recorder

Laurent HAAS - F6FVY f6fvy at free.fr
Fri Mar 4 19:26:44 CET 2005

Hi again

ab7r at comcast.net a écrit :

>     I think I tried this.  I deleted the present wave files and recorded
>     again using shift+F# key.  File was created.  If I recall (I'm at
>     work and will check when I get home) the file would play over
>     windows medial player, but nothing happens when pressing WT F1 key.
>     Strangley enough, there was one file in there for F3 that would work
>     fine with WT.

What are you using as operating technique ? SO1R ? SO2R ? Advanced SO2R ?

If in advanced SO2R, check the scenarios. Use the preset ones if needed.

>     Is there a specific format for the wav file?

WAV file 8 KHz sampling, 1 channel (mono), 16 bits/sample

>     And... is there an SSB
>     msg set up screen that you have to associate a particular wave file
>     with an F key?  Or is that automatic.....F1=msg1.wav and so on?

Automatic : F1 -> msg1.wav, F2 -> msg2.wav etc...

>     I tried various options.  Sometimes it worked, other times it did
>     not.  using 9600, 8N1. Should I leave handshaking on and use the LPT
>     going to the DX Doubler for the PTT line and config that in the LPT
>     window?

I don't know if handshake is required (I dont think so). But, indeed,
you can try to use the LPT port for PTT.

73

Larry