[WT-support] voice recorder

ab7r at comcast.net ab7r at comcast.net
Fri Mar 4 18:46:43 CET 2005

Please see below:  And thanks for the quick reply.

> Hi Greg
>
> ab7r at comcast.net a écrit :
>
> > Hi all. I finally have a modest SO2R station put together (
> > http://home.comcast..net/~ab7r ) and want to use WT for this weekend's
> > DX contest.
>
> Nice setup...
>
> > I am using, and have setup in the XP control panel as default, a santa
> > cruz turtle beach sound card from a microham microkeyer. When I launch
> > WT and press Shift-F1 I get a little window pop up saying "press to
> > stop" something like that. I speak into the mic for my message and
> > press stop.
>
> - Delete all *.wav files in the Win-Test directory
> - Start WT
> - Record one message (with Shift-F1) : When recording, do you see audio
> input in the Vu-meter window (Menu Windows / Vu meter) ?
> - Stop recording (or hit Enter)
> - Quit WT
> - Is there a msg1.wav file in the WT directory ? If so, make it play
> with an audio player (Windows Media Player or whatever). Can you hear
> your audio ?
I think I tried this.  I deleted the present wave files and recorded again using shift+F# key.  File was created.  If I recall (I'm at work and will check when I get home) the file would play over windows medial player, but nothing happens when pressing WT F1 key.  Strangley enough, there was one file in there for F3 that would work fine with WT.

Is there a specific format for the wav file?  And... is there an SSB msg set up screen that you have to associate a particular wave file with an F key?  Or is that automatic.....F1=msg1.wav and so on?  I did not notice a Vu meter in the windows menu....I will look again.  Going to try to leave work a couple hours early to get this worked out.  Will be home about 2130 UTC if I can swing it.

> > I can record messages using the windows XP sound recorder in the same
> > manner. Works fine. If I do this and save the message as msg1.wav and
> > put it in the WT folder, when I press F1 again, nothing happens.
>
> Does the PTT line goes ON ? Check the Vu Meter window. Did you try to
> wire a loudspeaker right on the audio card input ? It may be a
> microKeyer config issue ?
Dont think its an audio config issue with MK as one of the older wav files that was in the folder did work.  I have MK audio directing ouput for all 3 PTT options on option C, directing audio to the audio goes thru the mic, to the computer and out to the mic line to the rig, which then goes to a DX Doubler box.

> > Radio switching seems fine with the * key. Sometimes my Kenwood is
> > polled, most of the time not.
>
> Alain F5LIW deeply tested the 2.11 version with his TS 2000 and
> everything ran smoothly. There may be a CAT config. conflict ?

I tried various options.  Sometimes it worked, other times it did not.  using 9600, 8N1. Should I leave handshaking on and use the LPT going to the DX Doubler for the PTT line and config that in the LPT window?

> 73
>
> Larry - F6FVY

Thanks again.  Hope I can get this worked out.   Also have some quick work on my vertical to do...hihi.
73
Greg