[WT-support] Feature Proposals

Laurent HAAS - F6FVY f6fvy at free.fr
Sat Jun 11 20:06:17 CEST 2005

Hi Marko

marko.holmavuo at dnainternet.net a écrit :

> Ok, I try to clarify.

(snip)

That is perfectly clear now. Tnx.

In fact, *for the CQWW DX*, WT looks first if it can find a QSO with the
same callsign on the other bands, and if it can't find it, it looks for
the same country - resolved with the CTY_WT.DAT or the CTY.DAT file - on
the other bands (zone is irrelevant). The zone is never taken into
account for this contest in the F10 window. Of course, you still have
the possibility to check zones with the Alt-Z window.

We'll try to improve this behaviour before the last week-end of October ;-)

> If i press shift-1 it will display character !, if I press shift-2 it will
> display character " and so on (used number keys under F1-F12). If i use the
> numpad of the right side of the keypad, all numbers are directed to second
> radio window.

I suppose you checked the "Operating / Shift key bind to sec. radio"
menu ? According to what I read on the web, the Finnish keyboard layout
doesn't need any remapping on numbers keys located under the functions
keys. Do these keys act properly in the primary radio ? Please, check
also that your Caps Lock key is not engaged.

> Problem report:
> Set actualize information -> automatic in check multipliers window
> and check the status of this actualize information in check call window.
> It shows that mode is also automatic in this window.
> But it doesn't work in automatic mode.
> You have to set this actualize information -> automatic also in check call
> window to get it work automatically.

I found what's wrong. If the "Tools / Exchange guessing" setting is
different than "Spacebar", the F10 and F9 settings are always overriden
(and everything is set like this setting). I will modify the user
interface to reflect this behaviour.

> Would it be possible to make Quick QSL feature. Special key or functionality
> which makes able to send just TU if you are running big pileup instead of TU
> <OWNCALL> or something else. So main idea is that you can keep the longger TU
> in + key, put use something shorter in other key which is used when you have
> faster rate. Or even better, if it would be possible to defain that if you have
> high rate, quick qsl message is used instead of "long qsl message".

For now, you can define a new message with one of the remaining function
keys with only TU and appropriate variables like $CR etc... We are also
thinking abt a different solution based on "+" keypresses count or time,
but it's not implemented yet.