[WT-support] Feature Proposals

marko.holmavuo at dnainternet.net marko.holmavuo at dnainternet.net
Sat Jun 11 18:33:06 CEST 2005

>> -Check Multiplier window now shows only new dxcc multipliers. I propose
>> to such option that it also indicates needed
>> multiplier when ever current qso is multiplier in some other band (like
>> zone, iaru HQ or what ever).

>I don't get what you exactly mean .

Ok, I try to clarify. This is now theoretical situation, but can be true in
some case (CQ WW DX selected and calls are not from real life).
I log 9K1A on 15m band, and got exchange 59921, after that I will move to 20m
band, and log 9K5EX he gives me (for some reason) 59920. Now I want to know
where this 9k5ex with zone 20 is needed. It shows that 9K1A worked on 15m, so I
undestand that this 9k5ex is not needed on 15m band at all, and I ask him/her
to qsy on 10m. So this check multiplier window doesn't check what is the real
exchange from the station received (e.g zone number), it just check the default
zone from country files.

Or Am I wrong?

>It even works for most of the contests where a zone (aka not a serial
>number) is exchanged.

>It maybe depends on your keyboard layout, but here I can use the numbers
>keys just above the letters keys with (and, of course, without) the
>shift key with no problem. I must admit I don't know the OH keyboard
>mapping, but, AFAIK, everything is (almost) possible in using the
>integrated remapping function (Tools menu) if needed.

If i press shift-1 it will display character !, if I press shift-2 it will
display character " and so on (used number keys under F1-F12). If i use the
numpad of the right side of the keypad, all numbers are directed to second
radio window.

>PS : BTW, is "Br" the Finnish abbreviation for "73" ?

It is best regards :)

Problem report:
Set actualize information -> automatic in check multipliers window
and check the status of this actualize information in check call window.
It shows that mode is also automatic in this window.
But it doesn't work in automatic mode.
You have to set this actualize information -> automatic also in check call
window to get it work automatically.

New feature proposal:
Would it be possible to make Quick QSL feature. Special key or functionality
which makes able to send just TU if you are running big pileup instead of TU
<OWNCALL> or something else. So main idea is that you can keep the longger TU
in + key, put use something shorter in other key which is used when you have
faster rate. Or even better, if it would be possible to defain that if you have
high rate, quick qsl message is used instead of "long qsl message".

73 Marko OH4JFN