[WT-support] Feature Proposals

marko.holmavuo at dnainternet.net marko.holmavuo at dnainternet.net
Sat Jun 11 20:41:36 CEST 2005

Hi,

> I suppose you checked the "Operating / Shift key bind to sec. radio"
> menu ? According to what I read on the web, the Finnish keyboard layout
>
> doesn't need any remapping on numbers keys located under the functions
> keys. Do these keys act properly in the primary radio ? Please, check
> also that your Caps Lock key is not engaged.

More detailed explanation:

Yes, no Caps-lock engaged, normal situation (Finnish keyboard, Win XP ENG) and
trying to use number keys under my function keys. In fact, I gave a wrong
information in my previous e-mail. This is how it works (I am just testing this
with WT):

My use case scenario: I want to insert call OH4JFN/9 to second radio callsign
field. Tools->shift binds to second radio is activated.

I press my left shift key and start to write OH, now I have to write number 4
to second radio window. When I press left shift-4 nothing appears to
secondradio call field, then I continue with left shift key and letters, so far
I got OHJFN, now I press left shift-7 to get "/", thats appears in second radio
window, now I need 9 to seconradion window. I press left shift-9. Nothing
appears there. So result is OHJFN/

Now same time when OHJFN/ is waiting in second radio, some answers my in 1st
radio. I want to log in my primary radio callsign field KL/OH4R, I start to
write KL then I have to press "shift-7" to get / letter (Finnish keyboard
layout). This "/" character appears to second radio window, and I continue to
write OH4R because I wanted the KL/OH4R in my primary radio window...Result is:
First radio window: KLOH4R
Second radion window: OHJFN//

You can see the finnish keyboard layout e.g. here (interactive):
http://www.microsoft.com/globaldev/keyboards/kbdfi.htm
or passive one here:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Keyboard_layout

Hope this helps.