[WT-support] Some guestions and suggestions

Olivier F5MZN olecam at f5mzn.org
Sun Jul 31 10:27:16 CEST 2005

Hello Toni,

Thanks for your mail.

> Set up used was 2 X FT1000MP Mark V, ZS4TX Super Combo
> keyer and desktop computer with Win 98.
>
> There´s some things I'd like to ask or suggest.
>
> - Doing advanced SO2R on SSB, I need to press shift + function
> key twice before message is sent to B-radio. And also after
> sending some message to B-radio I need to press F1 twice
> to get back to A-radio again.
> After 1st hit of shift + function key, TX goes on just for
> a very short time and no DVK message is played.

It can be a normal issue if you used the ZS4TX integrated voice keyer,
because it is not supported by win-test. It is necessary to use the
sound card voice keyer. The reason is that SO2R advanced mode in
Win-Test needs to know when the transmition goes OFF.

> - On SSB if I put my TX on by pressing footswich, no audio
> is swiced to B-radio. I guess it might be possile to do
> audio swiching also when I speak with my "own voice" and no
> DVK messages is played. Now every time when I come back to
> someone or I send exchange I have to listen my own monitor.

Isn't it a ZS4TX interface issue? I mean, do you know other softwares
that can switch the RX audio that way?

> - On CW it would be nice to have "autosend character count"
> like in TR. So if I set the character count nro 4 as an example,
> Win-Test would start sending after I've typed 4 letters.
> I know that it's possible to hit ins key and keep on typing,
> but I feel it way too complicated, especially in heavy pileup.

This have been discuted here before and I fully agree. BTW, may you
please ad this on http://bugs.win-test.com ?

> - If the auto send character count would be possible, it would
> also be possible that ins key would move the cursor to exchange
> field automatically. Now there's one extra "hit spacebar"
> needed.

I not agree: if you "autosend character count" is done, just press space
bar to switch into the exchange field, there is no need to press INS
anymore.

BTW, in some contest like the CQWW, if you selected the "autoguess
exchange mode", you even have to press space bar at all. With the
"autosend character count", in a pile, you only need to press "+" one
time at the end of the QSO.

Olivier / f5mzn