[WT-support] Some guestions and suggestions

Marko Holmavuo marko.holmavuo at dnainternet.net
Sun Jul 31 19:30:39 CEST 2005

Hi,

>> Set up used was 2 X FT1000MP Mark V, ZS4TX Super Combo
>> keyer and desktop computer with Win 98.
>>
>> There´s some things I'd like to ask or suggest.
>>
>> - Doing advanced SO2R on SSB, I need to press shift + function
>> key twice before message is sent to B-radio. And also after
>> sending some message to B-radio I need to press F1 twice
>> to get back to A-radio again.
>> After 1st hit of shift + function key, TX goes on just for
>> a very short time and no DVK message is played.
>

> It can be a normal issue if you used the ZS4TX integrated voice keyer,
> because it is not supported by win-test. It is necessary to use the
> sound card voice keyer. The reason is that SO2R advanced mode in
> Win-Test needs to know when the transmition goes OFF.

I don't fully understand this issue now. When sending message to radio
B, WT just have to switch TX Control LPT pin to radio B and launch
message lifting some message driver LPT pin up. This is not any problem
for other logging sw, not N1MM, not CT, not N6TR, so I don't believe
that this any problem for WT:) If there appears such problems, it should
be possible to fix it. Of course, advanced mode doesn't work yet with
ZS4TX (because RX control information from LPT are missing), but this
shouldn't make any problems with TX control. If we focus just for the TX
part, why WT have to know when transmition goes off? ZS4TX users can at
this time use ZS4TX features for RX switching, but I don't see any
reason why TX control and DVK control cannot work. The procedure should
be similar and not related what kind of SO2R controller device you are
using, if only the LPT control pins are compitable.

I propose that other ZS4TX users could test this one, and confirm if
such behaviour exists. I will test it also as soon as I go to my contest
QTH, but it can take some time.

73 Marko OH4JFN