[WT-support] Radio Control Problem

Olivier F5MZN olecam at f5mzn.org
Mon Jul 18 10:09:31 CEST 2005

Matthias Jelen a écrit :
> Hi Olivier,
>
> I played around with WinTest and several radios this sunday afternoon.
>
> First, I connected a ICOM IC-706 MK II and selected IC-706 MK II.
> Everythnig works fine. Also the IC - Generic setting with the proper
> hex-address in WT.INI is working.
>
> Then, I connected a IC-751A and selected IC-751A. This one works
> unstable in direction PC -> Radio. Frequency and Mode polling is not
> working. Setting the frequency from WinTest works in approx. 20 % (For
> example, I have to type abt. five times 14100 in WinTest until the TRX
> changes frequency.
> Same problem when I try IC - Generic.
>
> Finally I tried again my OMNI VI. This one works fine in direction PC ->
> Radio, but still no polling. No difference if i choose IC-735 (TenTec
> claims that this one is compatible), OMNI VI or Icom Generic.
>
> Then I tried with an CI-V freeware which I found on the web. If I
> perform a frequency or mode query, all three radios seem to answer.
>
> This made me curious, so I installed a serial port sniffer software and
> logged the traffic between WinTest and the radio. Here the results:
> (I hope it is still readable and not totally re-formated)

--- 8< --- [snip]

Halo Matthias,

Thanks for the very complete report! It is very incomprehensible because
all the protocols looks correct. The Omni VI and the 751A are even both
replying correctly to the poling protocols!

I think you tried various combination for the DTR and RTS signals,
without success. Did you try with the serial speed and stop bits?

If it still does work, maybe I could try to remotely access to your
radios. What do you think about? Do you have an 24/7 Internet ADSL
connection?

Olivier / f5mzn