[WT-support] DXSpider cluster sh/dx 20 format ?

Laurent HAAS - F6FVY f6fvy at free.fr
Wed Jul 6 16:54:11 CEST 2005

Hi Noel

Noel Chenavard a écrit :

> i.e. on DXSpider, SH/DX 160 don't display 160m spots, but 160 lines of
> all spots (!) . You must use SH/DX on 160m .
>
> So, in WT, would it be possible to change the information sent by SH/DX,
> depending on the cluster node we are using ?
>
> I was thinking about a context switch , so after Alt-T, clicking on the
> "20" button would send "sh/dx on 20m" or "sh/dx 20" .

We have to think about it and what would be the best solution to this
problem. I'm sure we can trust Olivier, as the author of DXNet, to solve
it. Maybe by allowing the users change themselves the text commands in
the Alt-T window, or by letting WT to self-adapt the commands after a DX
cluster type recognition process (interesting development...) ?

> I'm not absolutely sure it was a good idea from the DXSpider developpers
> to change the cluster user interface, but now it's too late ...

I'm absolutely sure it is always a *bad* idea to fork standards without
maintaining a back compatibility  ;-)  But it's sometimes easier said
than done.

73

Laurent