[WT-support] Re: Support Digest, Vol 6, Issue 16

Laurent HAAS - F6FVY f6fvy at free.fr
Tue Feb 22 21:23:12 CET 2005

Hi Ted

Tadej MEZEK, S51TA a écrit :

> I only find out that the keyer speed is not
> changing much or none althought you change it from 30 to 38 or
> 40....but that is not the thing which would bother me...I just put
> some +in front of the messages.....:)

Quite strangly, Patrick TK5NN reported the same behaviour few minutes
ago. For information, what OS are you using ? Did someone else notice it ?

> I am using it now for general log and the only thing which is somehow
> missing for me within non contest operation is a window for packet
> spots...which would be sorted by band....mode etc....new DX......as
> you would choose.......
> What others think?

Win-Test has been primarily designed for contests. That's why the spot
window doesn't have all bells and whistles of a general logger. But,
we'll try to improve it in the future.

> Is there anyone on this list who connected the SW with SB for phone
> contest (arrl ssb) and has writen down this? I tried to do it but I
> can not get it going...I can record messages in Windows sound
> recorder......but can not get it recorded in the SW and also not
> played on a speaker. I am sure there is only a easy trick....and hope
> some would tell me about it.

In the Options / Interfaces setup, check the internal voice keyer.
Create a new contest test file in Phone category (whatever contest). Use
AltGr-F1 ... AltGr-F7 to record messages, and F1..F7 to play them.
(AltGr is also equivalent to Ctrl+Alt). It's that simple.

Best 73