[WT-support] SO2R Questions

HRS I4UFH i4ufh at hamradiosolutions.com
Tue Feb 8 19:18:38 CET 2005

> > I haven't tested it so much, but the stereo bit of the LPT port (pin 5
> > or pin 9 according to the settings) would be controled by the $R1R2
> > variable. On the other hand, there is no output currently available
> > corresponding to the variable $R2R2. Do you know if there is a kind of
> > standard pin for that with the interfaces?
>
> I don't think there is a standard - you are the first to do this.  Is
there
> another available pin on an LPT port that could be used to support the 2
bits
> that are needed for this function ?

How does pin 5 or 9 works? Even disable DVK or BandData ?
Pin 5 is used to drive external DVK, and pin 9 is used for BandData.
Both function are not compatible with stereo switch, even you can set

DVK+Stereo   or    DVK+BandData
BandData+Stereo   or   BandData+DVK

There are also some limitation with some  hardware that don't support pin2
DVK Stop pulse and Pin2 as one bit of the BandData nibble. In this last
scenario

BandData+Stereo(pin5)    or  DVK+Stereo(pin9)

is the only one choice.

73 de Fabio I4UFH