[WT-support] SO2R Questions

Olivier F5MZN olecam at f5mzn.org
Mon Feb 7 23:21:31 CET 2005

Steve London wrote:

> Hi - I'm sure many of you have seen CT1BOH's latest write-up on Win-Test
> on the CQ-Contest reflector.  After looking at the documentation, I have
> a few questions:

We are very proud to have such a top-notch supporter! :)

> - Is there a CW variable that will send a message to the connected radio
> to clear the RIT ?  This is a very handy feature that works very well
> with a Kenwood radio.  It's also very nice to have keyboard access to
> the RIT so you don't have to keep reaching for that tiny RIT knob.
> Brand "T" contest software does this very well.

Thank you for the suggestion, Steve! That will be implemented for the
radio which does support this feature. Added to the (long) todo list!...

> - Does the headphone control ($R1R2, etc.) only work with a EZMaster box
> ?  Or are there other ways to use this feature without requiring an
> additional proprietary box, such as through a COM or LPT port ?  This
> would be very useful for those of us who already have our own homebrew
> SO2R boxes.

I haven't tested it so much, but the stereo bit of the LPT port (pin 5
or pin 9 according to the settings) would be controled by the $R1R2
variable. On the other hand, there is no output currently available
corresponding to the variable $R2R2. Do you know if there is a kind of
standard pin for that with the interfaces?

> - What is the AltGR key in Win-Test ?  On my USA English keyboard, is it
> the Alt key that is just to the right of the space bar ?  Or ctrl-alt,
> or ... ?

On the US software I sometimes use, AltGR is the same as the Alt key
which is located to the right of the space bar. Does it work as expected?

Olivier / f5mzn