[WT-support] SO2R Questions

Laurent HAAS - F6FVY f6fvy at free.fr
Mon Feb 7 21:22:32 CET 2005

Hi Steve

Thanks for ur interest in Win-Test.

Steve London a écrit :

> - Is there a CW variable that will send a message to the connected radio
> to clear the RIT ?  This is a very handy feature that works very well
> with a Kenwood radio.  It's also very nice to have keyboard access to
> the RIT so you don't have to keep reaching for that tiny RIT knob.

I will let Olivier answer on the "clear RIT" matter, but I definitely
prefer to have one hand on the RIT knob (and adjust it) while I keep
typing with the other one. And we're already lacking "direct" keys ( =
without modifier keys like shift or ctrl etc...) ;-)

> - What is the AltGR key in Win-Test ?  On my USA English keyboard, is it
> the Alt key that is just to the right of the space bar ?  Or ctrl-alt,
> or ... ?

I don't own an US keyboard, but the Alt+Ctrl combination should work,
and you can also easily try the redefine key dialog and use the
right-alt key with another key : This will display if it is captured (or
not) as the European (and others) AltGr key.