[WT-support] WT first time used during IOTA contest

Laurent HAAS - F6FVY f6fvy at free.fr
Mon Aug 1 11:31:12 CEST 2005

Hi Dominik

Dominik Bugmann a écrit :

> - for the "Search for worked multipliers - Shift+F10", why do I have to
> enter the reference (e.g. EU011) into the callsign field and not into the
> IOTA multipier field?

Because it really sounds easier to enter it here ;-) You don't have to
move to this field.

> BTW: a wildcard (?, *) would be beneficial for
> VHF/UHF/SHF contest were one would like fo nail down that very weak locator.

We are planning to add a feature like the "check partial" for QTH locator.

> - in the "Summary" window the average is shown as x.xx instead of xx.xx. On
> 80 and 40m my average was > 10.

Already fixed during the contest ;-)  The next version will be ok. You
don't need to add in the bug tracker !

> - in the "Check Multiplier" window the local time is shown without day light
> saving.

Err... The local time is computed from data contained in the CTY.DAT or
CTY_WT.DAT. And IIRC, there is no DST indicator. Well, IMHO, not a big
deal, as the sun position is correctly computed which is more important.

> - "Check partial result": can I define the minimum needed letters from 3
> down to 2? Yes, I'm spoiled by Writelog.

We already had this request (but it's not in the bug tracker). If my
memory serves, we could make it as an option. But to be honest, I'm
afraid it will be a non-sense (especially if you check the entire
database), as there will be *many* results with 2 letters. Not very
usable... Anyway, it will be your choice !

> - CW was generated by the W5XD keyer.

(snip)

I let Olivier answer on this one.

> BTW: Is ALT+F9/F10 the only way to change the CW
> speed? A bit hard to find on a busy notebook keyboard.

"Tools / Redefine keys" is your friend.

> - in S&P it can happen that you enter the QSO data in reverse order. 1st the
> IOTA reference, then the number and finaly the call (which was kept in my
> mind but had no time so far to type in). As long as the callsing field is
> empty the serial number of the previous QSO is transmitted!
> This will only happen during IOTA, VHF contests (Locator), S&P, and if the
> other station doesn't ID his call (which I will force him to send before he
> receives my number)

It's not a bug, it's a feature ;-)  Well, in fact, it's useful to act
this way when you entered a Q during a pile up and the station is asking
again for the sent number. If not, you would have to set the cursor to
the previous Q, and hit Ins or whatever, then Enter again... Not very
easy. We will see what we can do for your case.

> - The "N + 1" only shows predefined calls. e.g. I heard UU5WW over the
> weekend. After working him on one band I can see his call in red or green in
> the "Check partial result" window. If I type "uuww" I would expect his call
> to show up in the "N + 1" window as well.

For performance reasons, for now, the N+1 is checked against the
database only. Maybe in the future the logged callsigns will be
optionnaly included.

> Although the list seems a bit long I very much like WT. Good job guys!

Tnx for your report.