[WT-support] WT first time used during IOTA contest

Dominik Bugmann hb9czf at swiss-artg.ch
Mon Aug 1 12:37:21 CEST 2005

Hi Laurent

tnx for the answers.

I would like to prevent typing in EU011 twice. Your idea makes sense as
well, als long as you can rember the IOTA reference, hi.
Another way is: enter EU011 into the IOTA field, go to Callsign field and
enter a dummy letter (e.g. "v"), press space and watch the "Check
multiplier" window.

>> - "Check partial result": can I define the minimum needed letters from 3
>> down to 2? Yes, I'm spoiled by Writelog.
>
>We already had this request (but it's not in the bug tracker). If my
>memory serves, we could make it as an option. But to be honest, I'm
>afraid it will be a non-sense (especially if you check the entire
>database), as there will be *many* results with 2 letters. Not very
>usable... Anyway, it will be your choice !

my request only makes sense if the check partial window is sorted against
"already worked"-match and then "rest of the world"-match calls. I use this
feature Sunday morning when all the weak ground wave QSO happen. Most of
then were worked loud and clear during the night on 40-160m.
I was again surprised how many OPs don't use the Check Partial feature. They
easily copied my "CZF" but strugeled with HB9, S59, DL9, SP9; and I'm the
only "CZF" in the database.

>> BTW: Is ALT+F9/F10 the only way to change the CW
>> speed? A bit hard to find on a busy notebook keyboard.
>
>"Tools / Redefine keys" is your friend.
I already met this friend and I'm eagerly waiting to see Simon's manual in
respect to SO2R. On a german keyboard I have to remap the "7" and "/" (which
is Shift+7). I'd like to run a software with default-setings as long as
possible. There I can expect the least bugs and in a multi-op everybody
wants his customized setup. In the past we told the OPs: bring you own key.
In the future we might request: bring your own PC with customized WT on it,
hi.

>> - in S&P it can happen that you enter the QSO data in reverse order. 1st
the
>> IOTA reference, then the number and finaly the call (which was kept in my
>> mind but had no time so far to type in). As long as the callsing field is
>> empty the serial number of the previous QSO is transmitted!
>> This will only happen during IOTA, VHF contests (Locator), S&P, and if
the
>> other station doesn't ID his call (which I will force him to send before
he
>> receives my number)
>
>It's not a bug, it's a feature ;-)  Well, in fact, it's useful to act
>this way when you entered a Q during a pile up and the station is asking
>again for the sent number. If not, you would have to set the cursor to
>the previous Q, and hit Ins or whatever, then Enter again... Not very
>easy. We will see what we can do for your case.

my proposal would be: send the previous number as long as all fields are
empty (Callsign, Rcvd, IOTA, ...).

>> - The "N + 1" only shows predefined calls. e.g. I heard UU5WW over the
>> weekend. After working him on one band I can see his call in red or green
in
>> the "Check partial result" window. If I type "uuww" I would expect his
call
>> to show up in the "N + 1" window as well.
>
>For performance reasons, for now, the N+1 is checked against the
>database only. Maybe in the future the logged callsigns will be
>optionnaly included.

tnx, it's again a Sunday-morning-weak-ground-wave-QSO-feature, hi.

73 de Dominik, HB9CZF