[WT-support] Re: Additional Items

Olivier F5MZN olecam at f5mzn.org
Mon Apr 25 07:41:40 CEST 2005

Pete Smith a écrit :
> At 11:44 AM 4/24/2005, Olivier F5MZN wrote:
>
>> Barry Merrill wrote:
>>
>>> 1. How do I delete a spot in the Announce Window; I frequently
>>>    like to clear off individual spots; WriteLog allows you to
>>>    highlight the spot and use the DELETE key to delete.
>>

>> Did you try a right-clic on the row?
>>
>>> 2. When I type in a call and hit blank and see it is a DUPE,
>>>    WT still sends my call; WriteLog inhibits when it's a dupe,
>>>    saving me the embarassment of SRI B4!
>>

>> You can get WT sending "QSOB4" in case of dupe: edit the "INSERT" CW
>> message and add the variable $QSOB4 after the $LOGGEDCALL one. In
>> example, this is default "INSERT" message:
>>
>> $LOGGEDCALL $QSOB4 $F2
>>
>> That way, pressing the INSERT key will first transmit the logged
>> callsign, followed by either the report or "QSOB4" if it's a dupe.
>

> I think that this illustrates one of the areas that are difficult to
> deal with in a program that doesn't treat S&P and running differently.
> For example, TR Log and N1MM both prevent your calling someone in S&P
> mode who would be a dupe.  This has saved me innumerable embarrassments
> over the years.  In most contest, it is perfectly OK, and even good
> practice to rework someone when you are running, he calls you, and he is
> already in your log.  If you are not in his, he gets a good QSO, and you
> get no penalty, so everyone wins.

Oh, I misunderstood that W5GN was talking about S&P! OK, why not having
a new variable, let say $CHECKDUPE, in the beginning of the F4 message?
That way, if the operator press F4 on a dupe, the software could open a
popup window telling him to confirm he really want to send his call. I
do not know if that could be an advantage or on the contrary would cause
nuisances... What is your opinion about?

BTW, this could be coupled with the UA9CIR suggestion: if we turn the
VFO knob, the software will enter in S&P mode and will take the
$CHECKDUPE variable into account. If you are in running mode (QSOing on
the same frequency), that variable would have no effect.

How sounds?

PS to UA9CIR: we keep in touch regarding the TR 'ESM' mode!

Olivier / f5mzn