[WT-support] several observations

Pete Smith n4zr at contesting.com
Tue Apr 19 22:31:37 CEST 2005

At 01:32 PM 4/19/2005, Manfred Wolf wrote:

> > > - voice messages from my ZS4TX keyer are not being sent to radio 2
> > > (using shift/F1-F4). It works ok in CW
> >
> > I'm afraid it is a limitation of such SO2R interfaces: you cannot
> > control everything with a single LPT port! :) I'll think about this
> > problem but I'm not sure I can do anything for. :-(
>
>tnx anyway for checking!

I don't understand why this should be true - toggling pin 14 on a single
LPT port can be used to indicate which radio is being used, and the SO2R
box can then route sound card audio, CW and PTT to the appropriate
radio.  That is how my DX Doubler works with several popular pieces of
software, including TR Log and N1MM Logger, and, for that matter, at least
on CW, with Win-Test.  I had understood that ZS4TX's SCK II also worked the
same way.

73, Pete N4ZR