[WT-support] several observations

Manfred Wolf dj5mw at gmx.net
Tue Apr 19 19:32:27 CEST 2005

Hi Olivier!

> > - switching modes with shift/ctrl/F1/F2 doesn`t work in 2nd radio window
> > (workes ok, when TS850 is radio1
>
> I don't have any "secondary" radio connected here, but changing mode
> looks OK in the window. Could you give a try with no radio connected,
> just to see if it changes anything please?

You are right! When there is no 2nd radio connected swiching modes works
o.k.!

> > - voice messages from my ZS4TX keyer are not being sent to radio 2
> > (using shift/F1-F4). It works ok in CW
>
> I'm afraid it is a limitation of such SO2R interfaces: you cannot
> control everything with a single LPT port! :) I'll think about this
> problem but I'm not sure I can do anything for. :-(

tnx anyway for checking!

> > - The big "insert" key on the right side of the keyboard doesn`t work,
> > it writes " 0 " into the 2nd radio window regardless of Num lock or Caps
> > lock is on or off. the small insert works. When trying to redefine the
> > big insert key it seems to be the same number as the small one?!
>
> There is a real problem with the numpad which shares scancodes with
> other keys. That was rather a challenge to get the SHIFT+NUMPAD the keys
> redirected in the secondary window. I don't think of being able moreover
> to manage the key INSERT, sorry.

I see... seems I have to get used to the small insert key, hi.

> Sorry not to be able to satisfy you fully regarding your observations.
> And thanks for help in bug discovering!

Thank you for a great program!
I will give it the first real try in WPX CW,

BTW: do you plan to add the IARU Fieldday (June & September) to the contests
list? this one is on my wish list...

I hope you' ll not be angry when I' ll make some more suggestions soon :-)

73 de Manfred, DJ5MW