[WT-support] several observations

Olivier Le Cam olecam at f5mzn.org
Wed Apr 20 08:50:40 CEST 2005

Pete Smith wrote:

>> > I'm afraid it is a limitation of such SO2R interfaces: you cannot
>> > control everything with a single LPT port! :) I'll think about this
>> > problem but I'm not sure I can do anything for. :-(
>>
>> tnx anyway for checking!
>

> I don't understand why this should be true - toggling pin 14 on a single
> LPT port can be used to indicate which radio is being used, and the SO2R
> box can then route sound card audio, CW and PTT to the appropriate
> radio.  That is how my DX Doubler works with several popular pieces of
> software, including TR Log and N1MM Logger, and, for that matter, at
> least on CW, with Win-Test.  I had understood that ZS4TX's SCK II also
> worked the same way.

Tell me if I'm wrong (which is a real possible fact because I'm not
familiar enough with these boxes), but I think that the problem is at
the integrated voice keyer level: I don't see how to get it transmitting
on the second radio without interfering with the headphone status (when
headphone is set in automatic mode).

Olivier / f5mzn