[WT-support] several observations

Olivier F5MZN olecam at f5mzn.org
Tue Apr 19 18:45:24 CEST 2005

Hi Manfred,

> I testes a few things at my station and am not sure, if it`s my fault or
> bugs:
>
> Radio1: IC735 via CT17 and USB-serial adapter
> Radio2: TS850 via interface and USB-serial adapter
>
> radio control works o.k. under N1MM.
>
> problems:
>
> - IC735 radio control doesn`t work. switching mode with ctrl/F1/F2
> works, but frequency readout or bandchange don´t work. IC735 is set to:
> 1200 Bd, 8, N, 1 DTR and RTS Always off -> same settings work with N1MM

You hit a bug! :-) I got it fixed, and will release soon.

> - switching modes with shift/ctrl/F1/F2 doesn`t work in 2nd radio window
> (workes ok, when TS850 is radio1

I don't have any "secondary" radio connected here, but changing mode
looks OK in the window. Could you give a try with no radio connected,
just to see if it changes anything please?

> - voice messages from my ZS4TX keyer are not being sent to radio 2
> (using shift/F1-F4). It works ok in CW

I'm afraid it is a limitation of such SO2R interfaces: you cannot
control everything with a single LPT port! :) I'll think about this
problem but I'm not sure I can do anything for. :-(

> - you can`t enter a frequency in 2nd radio window to QSY somewhere,
> message "error in field" is displayed, so 2nd radio QSY should be done
> on the radio?

Right. I've to check this!

> - The big "insert" key on the right side of the keyboard doesn`t work,
> it writes " 0 " into the 2nd radio window regardless of Num lock or Caps
> lock is on or off. the small insert works. When trying to redefine the
> big insert key it seems to be the same number as the small one?!

There is a real problem with the numpad which shares scancodes with
other keys. That was rather a challenge to get the SHIFT+NUMPAD the keys
redirected in the secondary window. I don't think of being able moreover
to manage the key INSERT, sorry.

> Thanks in advance.

Sorry not to be able to satisfy you fully regarding your observations.
And thanks for help in bug discovering!

Olivier / f5mzn