[Wrtc] Roadmap v1.1

Matt IZ3EYZ iz3eyz at virgilio.it
Tue May 16 01:35:18 CEST 2006

Yep!!

It wasn't my point to bring up the "auto filling" matter once again. I had to come back on this issue since Larry used John statement.

Besides, I think both ITU and HQ auto filling shouldn't be allowed in WRTC. I agree we can all copy them.....in any case my "brain.DTA" seems to work pretty well ;-))

The main and only item I pointed out is:

Actually WT doesn't recognize HQ stns are a mult when you pass 'em through DXC ann or bandmap window. It always happens when those HQs have not been worked before on any band/mode. Of course it also involves AC, R1, R2, R3 mults.

So:

a) there 's a huge chance to lose some mult and in IARU contest HQs are a great resource.

b) In order to see the spotted HQ stns you have not to set "mults only". It 'll show you those calls but you can't understand if they 're really a mult unless you look at HQ window or OP.B lets you know that. Anyway such a situation doesn't work if you want to interleave both Qs and mults.....

c) HQ window takes space on PC screen and I 'd like to use that for other stuff.

A possible solution:

An "hidden" database to allow WT HQ/AC mults recognizing would give WT the mult knowledge without showing "exchange guessing" to the operator. In other words WT knows DA0HQ is a mult....but you 're expected to copy DARC mult ;-)

....and it might make everybody happy :-))

73

Matt.EYZ