[Wrtc] Roadmap v1.1

Matt IZ3EYZ iz3eyz at virgilio.it
Mon May 15 01:14:03 CEST 2006

Hi.

Have been playing around with WT 2.30.1 and MKV this late afternoon....

Few items:

1) "Dx-Cluster announcements window" (aka All band Bandmap for WRTC
purposes):

1.a) Selected contest: IARU HF

1.b) Sent several stations to the bandmap.

1.c) "DXC ann window" settings: multipliers only

1.d) all HQ stations (if not worked before on any band) aren't recognized as
multipliers by "DXC ann window" so it doesn't show 'em.

1.e) changed settings: showing both mult and non-mult. Of course it works
(callsigns appear into) but obviously it still doesn't recognize those HQ 's
are mults.

I think the above scenario brings up once again the creation of an "HQ stn
database". Actually WT can't find out the difference between an HQ stn and a
non HQ stn (no HQ database) so there's an high chance to lose some HQ mults
when they 're brand new on all bands. Since HQ stns are a mult resource in
IARU, now that I discovered such thing I would strongly ask for an HQ
database. Not only: since we 'll operate under IARU HF rules it 'll make up
the same mess with AC, R1, R2, R3 mults.

I can provide IARU HF contest results since 1997 (available also on ARRL web
site) and several IARU contest logs. Of course some HQ might use some new
calls and the "DXC window" will be missing some HQ mults but at least we
might substantially improve this matter.
Less we have to care about what the software is recognizing or not more we
can concentrate into operating stuff only (pile up and mults hunting).

---------------------

2) Again on BANDMAP (DXC window) and VFO B/RADIO A(RADIO 1)

2.a) Running WT 2.29 (MKV as selected radio) some weeks ago I could select
VFO B as the "active" VFO (yellow colour on RADIO1 window). In other words a
double click on a station in the "DXC window" or "RADIO 1 window" resulted
in the "clicked call" FREQ on VFO B/RADIO 1. It also brought the "clicked
call" into callsign field (I 'll come back on this feature within few
lines).

2.b) Running WT 2.30.1 today (MKV as selected radio) I couldn't select VFO B
as the "active" VFO. Of course there was not a chance to bring the "clicked
call" FREQ into VFO B. Moreover a click on VFO B (RADIO 1 window) resulted
in a VFOs swap: VFO A with VFO B. Later tried it without MKV and it worked
as in WT 2.29.

some changes:

2.c) Assuming 2.a) scenario running (as in WT 2.29) I 'd like to bring the
selected call freq from "DXC window" into VFO B/RADIO A (aka RADIO 1 window)
BUT without putting the call of the selected station into callsign field.

consequences:

2.c.1) Benefits of 2.c) situation?? Well....actually "PASS VFO B FREQ"
feature is mainly an OP.B matter and it needs OP.B to keep an eye on
what/when OP.A is working the spotted mult in order to pass a "new VFO B
freq" (another mult). It 'll slow the mults hunting process and needs OP.B
to pay attention to what OP.A is doing. The "SWAPPING ACTIVE VFOs BETWEEN
BOTH RADIOS" is a great "no waiting feature" when interleaving qso's. Both
features are great (and we 'll surely use and need 'em) but they eventually
slow the OP.B mults hunting.

Now 2.c) feature would allow OP.A to listen to whatever/whenever he wants
without the need to involve OP.B that can fully keep himself on the mult
hunting.

When 2.c) feature applies?? Well.....when hitting a new band with lots of
mults and without a solid run it 'll speed up the process allowing OP.B to
work harder on the spotting mults job. In any case it 'll bring more S&Ping
free time for OP.B. Not only: it might be useful in the morning hours (slow
rate) to interlave both Qso's and mults adding the ability to work up to
three new calls/mults in a row!!

---------------------

5B4AFM SWAPPING + $F4 SCENARIOS:

I agree with Olivier that sending $F4 with a non auto PA or a non fully
automated station might add some troubles.

On the other hand I guess "SWAPPING VFOs + sending $F4" is possible when we
're working in-band mults/calls. Under this scenario the SWAPPING feature
might take place without the need to involve anything else.

Dunno others but we own the ability to S&P and run on the same band sharing
any kind of ants combination. As the PA is assumed to keep working on the
same band and everything else (RTX B safely muted, etc...) is done by
external stuff WT just needs to verify the SWAP  is running between same
BAND FREQs and since both RTXs are PC controlled I figure it might be easy.

---------------------

> Swap frequency of active VFOs between both radios: via the "status window"
> (AJT+J) (right click). Will see later if it is possible to assign a
> shortcut for. Any idea?

Sounds good to me.

> Bandmap allbands
> See "announcements" window. Need to add a right-click to get the VFO-B
> programmed with frequency : in progress.

Fine. Please also refer to what I wrote in 2a.-c.) items

Thank you guys!!

73

Matt.EYZ