[Wrtc] Roadmap // Some questions

Marko Holmavuo marko.holmavuo at dnainternet.net
Sun May 14 19:32:14 CEST 2006

Hi all,

This is now propably something that is not related to this reflector
but...here it goes anyway.

>> Would it be possible to announce some kind development plan and
>> schedule what are going to happen with Win-Test before WRTC2006?
>>
>> At least we have defined deadlines when we have to build our whole
>> wrtc station concept and make sure that everything work without
>> problems before packing things for transportation.
>>
>> And at least our station concept depends much about features what
>> there are going to be in WT before WRTC.
>

> Don't forget Win-Test is a spare time voluntary project. It means we
> develop features for it when we have time and will to do so. If you
> want dated schedules, guaranteed behaviour and mandatory features, we
> may consider other alternatives, like :

This is only one point of view under this topic.
There are some teams that have worked hard and long period for the WRTC
2006. At least in Finland the whole process started over 1 year ago.
Now it is time to put everything to container and move toward WRTC2006.
Competitors have to know what they can expect and what they cannot
expect. This will have huge impact about what they are going to need
test before wrtc and what not test. This have huge impact about strategy
and operating tactics, this have huge impact about training and learning
team work and all tricks...

This is important part of risk management related to whole thing. Wait
next release...not to wait...build concept without this feature or wait
about this feature. Hope that you can also understand this point of view.

> - Writing your own contest logger for the WRTC. It's never too late.
> - Use another logger with dated schedules, ISO 9001 procedures, and
> on-site support.
> - Buy pencils and paper sheets before leaving to Brazil.

Is this really WT-development team official annoucement for teams who
are going to use WT during WRTC2006?

I don't really understand what have gone wrong now. WT-users and WRTC
teams are doing hard brain work when innovating features for
WT-development team to get WT win gold. There are even public
announcements that teams are supporting the development work all the
possible ways.

Remember also that users are paying about using this software.

Keep up good work, but don't shoot the users...

73 Marko OH4JFN