[Wrtc] Roadmap // Some questions

Laurent HAAS - F6FVY f6fvy at free.fr
Sat May 13 20:38:54 CEST 2006

Hi all

First of all I'd like to express my own opinion on one comment I read on
this reflector :

> Would it be possible to announce some kind development plan and schedule what are going to happen with Win-Test before WRTC2006?
>
> At least we have defined deadlines when we have to build our whole wrtc station concept and make sure that everything work without problems before packing things for transportation.
>
> And at least our station concept depends much about features what there are going to be in WT before WRTC.

Don't forget Win-Test is a spare time voluntary project. It means we
develop features for it when we have time and will to do so. If you want
dated schedules, guaranteed behaviour and mandatory features, we may
consider other alternatives, like :

- Writing your own contest logger for the WRTC. It's never too late.
- Use another logger with dated schedules, ISO 9001 procedures, and
on-site support.
- Buy pencils and paper sheets before leaving to Brazil.

That said, let's get back to the main topic.

Olivier F5MZN a écrit :

> *** Counter that counts time from last bandchange.
>
> Have you seen that CTRL+F9 can be colorized band by band? Isn't enough?
> Larry (F6FVY): what is your opinion on that?

I guess it's feasible to add and display it in the Alt-R wnd. As I want
to be generic (and not WTRC-version only) I have to check what to
consider : All bandchanges (RUN or MULT stations), RUN stns changes only
, etc...?

> *** ESC and ALT+K
>
> Larry?

Well, after several requests from former CT users, the Alt-K opens and
closes the Keyboard mode window, and ESC stops transmitting, as usual in
WT. I will check the possibility to also close the wnd with ESC *only
if* there is NO TRANSMISSION. Thus will imply to hit ESC twice to stop
transmission *and* close the wnd.