[Wrtc] [Fwd: [WT-support] WT 2.30.1 released]

F6BEE f6bee at free.fr
Fri May 5 00:22:43 CEST 2006

Olivier F5MZN wrote:

> Especially for the WRTC, I've added the following feature in the last
> WT release:
>
> - Added "Pass frequency to SUB VFO" right click option in the bandmap.
>   Works only with FT-1000-MP for now.

> Could you please confirm that it really works with your FT-1000-MPs?
> To be tried with FT-1000 txing as well...
Has anyone tested this feature ?   It doesn't work with my MP.

> If so, I'll add the same for the "pass mult" window. That way, the
> "support" op (station B) could populate this window with new mults,
> the station A could get his VFO B set with the right frequency.
Good, even better than the band map feature.

According to recent posts, I'm not sure every guys on this list know all
of the current features of Win Test.
Let's assume 2 ethernet networked PC, let's name them PC A, connected to
radio A, and PC B, connected to radio B.
Again assuming, just for instance, that radio A only is allowed to transmit.
Radio B, manned by operator B and PC B is listening to a band,
preferably different from the one where operator A and his radio A is
running like crazy.
Many new mults are found by Op. B that spots them on the local cluster,
limited to PC A and PC B : type the call, type Ctrl-Enter and the spot
appears on both PCs in a window displayed by Alt-A and in the same time
the freq and mult callsign is set on PC B / Radio B band map.
Op A decides to work the newly spotted mult (he has one hour to do so
before the spots disappears from cluster window).
Op A clicks on the selected spot, radio A sets to the DX freq and at the
same time the new band map is displayed on PC-A.
Try it, this special WRTC mod has been made some years ago as part of
the normal Multi-op features.

Maybe I shouldn't have posted this well kept secret.  No chance to win
any more if I release all WT features on the reflector !

> We can also imagine to let station B setting the "VFO B" (ie not
> active VFO) of station A through the network.
Why not.  It sounds good to me.

73 de Jacques, F6BEE