[WT-support] Feature request/suggestion: "auto-spot" in SSB while working S&P

Fri Nov 5 22:18:18 CET 2021

Dear WinTest-developers and WT-users!

Hello from Germany, I´m Lenz, DL8RDL.
As a member of "Bavarian Contest Club" I´m frequently active since many
years in contests by using WinTest.

*My feature-request/suggestion (let´s call it "auto-spot" for now) is:*
- when turned on in S&P-mode (it should NEVER work in run-mode) WT sends
a spot for each logged SSB-QSO automatically in the background as an
equivalent to the hit on "Alt-F3"

- it just works in ssb

- it doesn´t work in other modes than SSB. There usually are much CW and
RTTY-skimmers available in contests

- "auto-spot" is always turned OFF by default and has to be switched on
deliberately by the contester.

- turning on the feature is NOT super-simple and not easy to see in the
program or menu. Maybe "auto-spot" can only be activated by a new
textcommand like "AUTOSPOTON"? This should avoid an accidently switched
on "auto-spot"- feature because: if maybe somebody does "run" while WT
works in S&P-mode or the user doesn´t take much care about computers and
settings.

- on the other hand: "auto-spot" IS easy to find and easy to switch
on/off but it turns off if the user hits "CQ" (aka F1)

*Why "auto-spot"?*
I experienced this feature (or some kind of a feature like that) while
working runs and small US-pileups in ssb-contests. From time to time I
immediately was spotted by a station who worked me seconds before. In my
opinion this gives
a) better quality to ssb-spots and that´s good for every participant in
the contest
b) more activity for both sides: the caller and the taker which results
in more fun for everybody.

I´m not sure but I assume that e.g. N1MM has this feature - but I don´t
know. I´m a WT-user and will go with it further on.

So, how do you like this idea? Glad to read your opinion,

Lenz, DL8RDL