[WT-support] microHAM DVK control by Win-Test

Bob Wilson, N6TV n6tv at arrl.net
Sun Feb 28 19:28:48 CET 2021

On Sun, Feb 28, 2021 at 2:03 AM Bernhard Buettner <dl6rai at posteo.de> wrote:

> By default it looks like Memory 1..7 is bound to F-Keys F1...F7.
> Exploratively, I found out that DVK Memory 2 is bound to the INS key and
> Memory 3 to the Plus key.

Yes, that's true for all Phone contests since you can't separately program
INS and PLUS messages in the Advanced SO2R Scenarios on Phone (they are
grayed out intentionally).

> Q1. Is there a documented key mapping? I could not find anything in the
> documentation. Is the mapping fixed or can I change it?

It's fixed like this and does not need to be changed, does it?  On CW or
RTTY, you would normally use $F2 in the INSERT message, and $F3 in the PLUS
message.  On Phone this happens automatically and conveniently.  No one has
ever been really bothered by this, or have they?

> Q2. Is there a chance to enable the Run vs. S&P switch? MSGS does not
> work on SSB so there seems to be only one layer or memories.

It can be done in the Advanced SO2R Scenarios by calling a Win-Test script
that generates a Ctrl-Tab.  So for example, you can put a #RUNMODE macro
call in the Secondary Radio F1 scenario to switch you to RUN mode
automatically when you call CQ.  And you could add #SPMODE macro call in
the Primary Radio F4 scenario to switch you to S&P mode when you send your
callsign to call someone.  But in practice, how is S&P mode any different
than Run mode when you are operating on phone?  The exchange key (INSERT)
doesn't send the callsign of the caller, so you can press INSERT with no
run or S&P switching on phone.  But if you need it, for example to make ESM
mode work, or to fill the band map faster when in S&P mode, here are two
LUA script examples you can use to swap SPMODE and RUNMODE from Advanced
SO2R Scenarios.

RunMode.wts:

-- Switch to run mode if necessary
if wtQso:IsOperatingModeRun() == false then
   -- Send Ctrl-Tab to toggle primary window to RUN mode
   wtApp:SendKeyCode(265, WT_KEY_CTRL)
end

SPMode.wts:

-- Switch to S&P mode if necessary
if wtQso:IsOperatingModeRun() then
   -- Send Ctrl-Tab to toggle primary window to S&P mode
   wtApp:SendKeyCode(265, WT_KEY_CTRL)
end

Q3. microHAM router allows switching memory banks by operator and
> Win-Test supports this. I know this works in Multi-OP scenarios. When in
> single operator mode, how will it select the appropriate memory? So when
> my XYL DL2MLU opens her log, the DL2MLU bank is selected (if it exists -
> or it is created), when DL6RAI opens his log, the DL6RAI bank is
> selected (if it exists).

Just put that callsign in the OPERATORS line of the Interface Configuration
screen, though it still may not work until you enter OPON (once).  A
shortcut is to assign a unique name like "Ben" to each callsign in the OPON
dialog, then all you have to do is type BEN [Enter] which is easier than
using the OPON dialog.