[WT-support] microHAM DVK control by Win-Test

Bernhard Buettner dl6rai at posteo.de
Sun Feb 28 11:03:11 CET 2021

Good morning,

not being a frequent phone operator, I have used the DVK rarely in the
past. But I found out it's actually working pretty well in CQWW 160
Phone.

I was looking for a description of the key mapping for the microHAM
built in DVK when controlled from Win-Test and have some questions.

By default it looks like Memory 1..7 is bound to F-Keys F1...F7.
Exploratively, I found out that DVK Memory 2 is bound to the INS key and
Memory 3 to the Plus key.

Q1. Is there a documented key mapping? I could not find anything in the
documentation. Is the mapping fixed or can I change it?

Q2. Is there a chance to enable the Run vs. S&P switch? MSGS does not
work on SSB so there seems to be only one layer or memories.

Q3. microHAM router allows switching memory banks by operator and
Win-Test supports this. I know this works in Multi-OP scenarios. When in
single operator mode, how will it select the appropriate memory? So when
my XYL DL2MLU opens her log, the DL2MLU bank is selected (if it exists -
or it is created), when DL6RAI opens his log, the DL6RAI bank is
selected (if it exists).

73 Ben, DL6RAI
--
Bernhard Büttner
dl6rai at posteo.de
Obere Dorfstrasse 21, 86556 Stockensau, Germany
+49 (0) 8257 9276757