[WT-support] SSB messages in WAEDC QTC traffic?

Tonno Vahk tonno.vahk at gmail.com
Wed Sep 9 17:57:37 CEST 2020

I am thinking it would be great to have a message like short Roger linked to Enter to be sent after every QTC line just like R in CW. And then would be great to be able to send thank you message after all QTCs just like after QSO. So currently TU message with Enter that I have closes the QTC window and I have to simply press it always 2 times to send the voice keyer TU message as well.

But I don’t know how easy or difficult it is to do…

73
TV

On 9. Sep 2020, at 18:39, Laurent HAAS - F6FVY <f6fvy at free.fr> wrote:

Hi Tonno

Le 09/09/2020 à 15:57, Tonno Vahk a écrit :

> I seem to remember it was possible to send ROGER message in SSB after every QTC line received somehow (Enter or something else) and also it was possible to send TU message after last QTC received. But can not activate any of this now.

I checked the code history, and cfm that the functions keys have never done anything in Phone - That is probably why the associated buttons are normally disabled in that mode ;-).

> Is it possible to activate any recorded SSB message at all at any time when QTC window is open? None of the Function keys seem to react as well…

Currently, it's not possible. It could probably be done but would it really help as the played message won't be really appropriate to the QTC ?

All of humanity's problems stem from man's inability
to sit quietly in a room alone.

Blaise Pascal, Pensées