[WT-support] HQ data files for IARU now available, plus useful scripts

OZ0J Joe contest at oz0j.dk
Mon Jul 6 05:27:31 CEST 2020

Just a reminder to check the call(s) for your national HQ station for the upcoming IARU HF Contest. Latest update is from Friday 3 July and can be found at https://bit.ly/itudtb

Send HQ station corrections / updates to  <mailto:contest at oz0j.dk> contest at oz0j.dk .

73 Joe, OZ0J

https://english.oz0j.dk

Fra: Bob Wilson, N6TV <n6tv at arrl.net>
Sendt: 22. juni 2020 08:37
Til: Win-Test Reflector <support at win-test.com>
Emne: HQ data files for IARU now available, plus useful scripts

The latest Win-Test IARU HQ station list and prefill file for 2020 (itu.dtb) and an "Extra Data" text file with the same data (iaru2020.xdt) may be downloaded from:

https://bit.ly/itudtb  (downloads itu.zip)

Installation instructions (Readme.txt) are included in the Zip for Win-Test and other loggers.

The iaru2020.xdt file may be used in the Win-Test Extra Information window (Alt-X) as a visual check if an operator makes mistake while entering the HQ multiplier, an error which will override the itu.dtb prefill on later QSOs with the same station.

Be sure to copy itu.dtb to the /databases directory, and iaru2020.xdt to the /extras directory.  Use the File | Explore menu in Win-test to locate the right directories.

Thanks to Joe, OZ0J for collecting the data.  Please send updates / corrections to Joe, contest at oz0j.dk <mailto:contest at oz0j.dk> , who is maintaining the master list.  I produce my files from Joe's data, so please send updates as soon as possible only to Joe, not to me, especially if you will be operating at a HQ station not listed in the files.

I'll be updating itu.zip right up until the contest starts as new information is received.  The file was last updated today.  If you type LN0HQ in Win-Test and it doesn't prefill NRRL, it means your HQ prefill file is out-of-date.

I've published a Win-Test script named "SearchXDT" which should be helpful while operating the IARU contest.  Sometimes you hear a HQ station running fast, giving exchanges, but not sending their callsign very often.  Now all you have to do is type the exchange (HQ abbreviation), or partial exchange, or partial callsign, in the logging window and press a key such as Ctrl-S ("search"), and the script displays all the published callsigns or HQ multipliers that match what you have entered.  It simply scans one text file in the Win-test /extras directory, such as IARU2020.XDT, and displays the matching lines in a pop-up window.

SearchXDT.zip and other useful Win-Test scripts may be downloaded from my Win-Test Scripts page:

https://bit.ly/wtscripts

See Readme_SearchXDT.txt inside SearchXDT.zip for installation instructions.