[WT-support] YO DX contest

Laurent HAAS - F6FVY f6fvy at free.fr
Fri Aug 28 21:33:23 CEST 2020

Hi Bob

Le 28/08/2020 à 21:21, Bob Wilson, N6TV a écrit :

> OK.  I assume the database files work the same way, one ARRL_DX.DTB with
> both DX and USA callsigns, but only DX or only US/VE callsigns used for
> prefills?

No, there are 2 differents files as stated in
http://download.win-test.com/databases/READ_ME.TXT

> YODX.DTB and the others are still useful, but not used for SCP any more,
> so you have to have the same data in two files, YODX.SCP (maybe), and
> YODX.DTB, as SP5KP has provided.

Not necessarily the same data.

For example, for a national contest, you can have a DTB file parsed from
an administration database with *all* ham radios callsigns in the
country and the related exchange, while the SCP file is parsed from the
contest results and/or public logs, with more relevant callsigns for the
contest.

Also, a DTB file can be used for several contests, while the SCP file
names are always different, and can contain different data.

All of humanity's problems stem from man's inability
to sit quietly in a room alone.

Blaise Pascal, Pensées