[WT-support] MicroHam u2R - Micro 2 R - SSB Latch mode

Manuel P. manuel.p at tin.it
Tue Apr 14 21:21:57 CEST 2020

Dear contesters I hope you are all healthy.

I'm connecting two TenTec Orion 565 to a Microham Micro 2 R.

Win-Test 4.30.0, microHAM Router 9.2.5

Everything working except for the SSB when operated by the footswitch in
"latch mode".

The scenario is : Operating>Technique>Advanced SO2R, RX and TX selected  on
Radio 1, Latch mode enabled, all LEDs Orange and Red on.

When pressing F1 Radio 1 transmit, u2R switch RX audio to Radio 2.

At the end of F1 message RX audio switch back to Radio 1.

Perfect !

The same is on CW and RTTY.

I do activate the latch mode by pressing "Latch button" on u2R front panel
because "latch flag" on Win-Test "Secondary Radio Window" is in light grey
and do not toggle the u2R latch even pressing the AltGr-L or Ctrl-Alt-L. It
looks disabled, but I should say that up to this point it works.

The problems come when transmitting by pressing the footswitch.

Same scenario : Radio 1 selected, Latch enabled.

Pressing footswitch RX audio stay on Radio 1,

when releasing the footswitch RX audio jumps for some milliseconds to Radio
2

and then switch back to Radio 1.

I see that this "delay" is due to the "EXT T/R Delay 1" set on the TX menu
of the Orion.

Same selecting Radio 2, audio jumps to Radio 1 only when releasing
footswitch and back to Radio 2.

u2R PTT lines IN/OUT seems to be correctly connected to radios and voltage
levels working properly.

On all docs I did read on MicroHam and Win-Test websites I did not find the
solution.

Thank you in advance for any tips.

Ciao de

Manuel