[WT-support] Multi-operator One TX with Two Radio no SO2R

Bob Wilson, N6TV n6tv at arrl.net
Wed Jan 30 01:10:54 CET 2019

If Commands -> Station Type -> MULT is disabled (grayed out) or the MULT
command doesn't work, it means either:

   1. Category: Multi-Operator: Single Transmitter was not selected
   and/or
   2. The contest (like ARRL DX) does *not* allow a separate "MULT" station
   in the M/S category like CQ WW does.

So, for ARRL DX, set both PCs as RUN stations.

Note that M/S entries in ARRL DX are limited to no more than *six band
changes per clock hour*.  The intent is to make the M/S category (in ARRL
DX) more fair to the smaller stations that can't transmit on two bands at
the same time, so transmitting on two bands at the same time is never
permitted, and alternating between two RUN stations on different bands,
both CQing (2BSIQ), is not going to work either, due to the band change
limitation.

The RATE window (Alt+R) displays:

Band change allowed:  0 of 6

to help you with this.  QSOs that violate the band change rules will be
marked with "!!!!". If you make a mistake, just log the QSO anyway and let
the log checking software figure out what to remove; don't erase any QSOs.
If it's a mult you don't want to lose, you'll have to try to work them
again later, and hope they allow the dupe.