[WT-support] wtRotators

Christian Verreault cverr at hotmail.com
Wed Oct 24 20:59:39 CEST 2018

Hi George

I finally remembered how I did to launch new apps at Windows 10 startup and it's not by the system settings.

Here's how to change which apps will automatically run at startup in Windows 10:

Select the  Start  button, then select Settings  >  Apps >  Startup. Make sure any app you want to run at startup is turned  On.

If you don’t see the  Startup option in Settings, right-click the  Start  button, select  Task Manager, then select the Startup tab. (If you don’t see the Startup tab, select  More detail s.) Select the app you want to change, then select  Enable to run it at startup or  Disable so it doesn’t run.

Add apps

To add an app to  Startup:

Select the  Start  button and scroll to find the app you want to run at startup.

Right-click the app, select  More, and then select  Open file location. This opens the location where the shortcut to the app is saved. If there isn’t an option for  Open file location, it means the app can’t run at startup.

With the file location open, press the Windows logo key  +  R, type shell:startup, then select  OK. This opens the  Startup folder.

Copy and paste the shortcut to the app from the file location to the  Startupfolder.

Once done, restart your computer and when you'll be back on Win10 desktop screen the applications you've added into the Startup folder should now be running in the background.

In ordre to make sure that all these applications are effectively running in the background, click on Settings, go To Privacy and click on Background.

This will open a new window showing all the application runing or not in the background.

Check to see if the applications you added into the Startup folder are there as they should.

If they are all there, make sure they are all turned to On otherwise they wont be running or they could be running in the Sleep mode.

Unfortunately, I don't remember if the State Switch on the Right side is a 3 position Switch (On-Off-Sleep) or just an On and Off switch but you'll find out by clicking on the Switch.

NOTICE:

That's not all the applications which can be launched during the Startup of Windows 10.

Most of the applications can but some applications cannot be launched during Startup because they need something else which has not been launched yet or they need a specific condition to be established prior to be launched.

If the users manual of an application doesn't clearly state which conditions must be established to allow this application to be launched during the startup of Win10, you will have to contact the support team of this application to explain the problem you're having when you're trying to launch this application during Win10 Startup.

I nope all this will allow to reach your goal and I wish you good luck.

Chris VE2DR

Télécharger Outlook for Android<https://aka.ms/ghei36>

Télécharger Outlook for Android<https://aka.ms/ghei36>