[WT-support] problem with serial number while changing bands

Alexander Kurpiers a.kurpiers at gmail.com
Mon Oct 15 10:32:46 CEST 2018

Hello,

I was facing a weird problem: our operators managed to "reset" the
serial number on one band...

Trying to reproduce I found what went wrong:

- log a QSO on one band

- go up in the log to this QSO and change the band using band up/down
arrows. The frequency changes, but rest stays as is (including the
serial number)

- the next serial you use on the band you changed this QSO to is wrong
(and all QSOs after that one).

Example: you log a QSO with number 010 on 5,7GHz. Now you change the
band to 2,3GHz (where your number would be 028) - but the number stays
at 010.

Win-Test version 4.24.0, "European V/UHF - no multipliers".

I would propose that you are not able to change the band of a QSO when
you go up to in the log. Far too dangerous.

(I just checked, still the case with 4.27.0).

73' Alexander DL8AAU