[WT-support] IC-7851 correct settings for serial communication with MK2

Bob Wilson, N6TV n6tv at arrl.net
Mon May 28 17:17:06 CEST 2018

First, use the IC-7851 menus to change the CI-V address of your IC-7851
back to the default, 8Eh.  Next, set CI-V Transceive ON.  Using a fixed USB
CI-V baud rate like 19200 will usually work more reliably than "AUTO".

In Win-Test, check the "Use CI-V Transceive" box and set radio type to
IC-7851.

Please note that Win-Test can also send CW and PTT over the DTR and RTS
pins of this same IC-7851 virtual serial port, a major convenience.  The
radio's sound card or voice memories can also be activated from Win-Test ln
Phone.

Go to https://bit.ly/wtscripts and download IcomScripts.zip.  Inside the
Readme file you will find documentation of many useful features for
controlling the IC-7851 band scope, voice keying, RIT, etc, all from the
Win-Test keyboard.

Upgrading the IC-7851 firmware to the latest version is required to take
advantage of all the available features, such as voice memory activation
and interruption.