[WT-support] IC-7851 correct settings for serial communication with MK2

hb9dql at uska.ch hb9dql at uska.ch
Mon May 28 14:06:33 CEST 2018

Hi all

I have a problem with the serial communication after configuration with the
new IC-7851 and changing the setting “Transceiver Radio 1” to IC-7851 in
option interface setting. No transceiver information, no Radio VFO a and B
and no band switch information/setting.

If I set the interface setting “Transceiver Radio 1” to IC-7600 it works
with following restriction:

If I change the frequency on the VFO from the transceiver, WT do not get
this information for band change. Only Radio VFO A and B get this
information correct. If I choose a call in the bandmap and click it, the
transceiver change the frequency and WT makes correct band change. Also Band
UP and DOWN (Alt+F1) command work correct. It means, from WinTest to the TRX
is working but no feedback from Transceiver to band change except Radio VFO
A and B in the WT radio window.

How I get the IC-7851 correct working with WT and setting “Transceiver Radio
1” to IC-7851?

My station consist on: ICOM IC-7851(newest firmware version), Microham MK2,
Wintest (newest firmware-version).

Thank for help

vy 73 de Jürg, HB9DQL