[WT-support] using LPT1 band data info on a USB to parallel adapter

Laurent HAAS - F6FVY f6fvy at free.fr
Fri Jun 22 13:35:02 CEST 2018

Hi Franck

Le 22/06/2018 à 06:51, Frank Steinke a écrit :

> I’m faced with the same issue since years, but found no solution so far.
> My SO2R setup is as simple as possible. Key device is a CW switch which
> passes the CW signal to radio 1 or 2, based on the radio information on
> LPT pin 14. I have no understanding to buy a MK2R+ SO2R box or something
> similar for almost 1000 € to cover just this single usecase, where the
> LPT interface cable was made in half an hour with a few parts out of the
> tinker box.

If you know how to handle a soldering iron (and you clearly do), you can
build an USB SO2R switching device for peanuts, based on OTRSP (Open Two
Radio Switching Protocol).

You can check the description of K1XM
http://ncjweb.com/features/julaug10feat.pdf or 3V8SS
http://kf5eyy.info/technical.htm (section KF5EYY SO2R Controller), or