[WT-support] using LPT1 band data info on a USB to parallel adapter

Frank Steinke frank at dl8waa.de
Fri Jun 22 06:51:38 CEST 2018

Hi Bob,

I’m faced with the same issue since years, but found no solution so far.
My SO2R setup is as simple as possible. Key device is a CW switch which
passes the CW signal to radio 1 or 2, based on the radio information on
LPT pin 14. I have no understanding to buy a MK2R+ SO2R box or something
similar for almost 1000 € to cover just this single usecase, where the
LPT interface cable was made in half an hour with a few parts out of the
tinker box.

The lack of LPT ports on new computers is a mess.

73 Frank DL8WAA