[WT-support] using LPT1 band data info on a USB to parallel adapter

Bob Wilson, N6TV n6tv at arrl.net
Fri Jun 22 02:29:03 CEST 2018

The short answer is no, though you can use hardware like the microHAM MK2R+
SO2R box to get BCD band data onto a DB25 connector, based on the frequency
read from the radio's serial port (with a single USB cable connection from
the MK2R+ to your computer), without using the LPT BCD options in Win-Test.

But please share, what kind of radio are you using, and what kind of device
requires the BCD data?  There are probably many alternative hardware
solutions, including adding a LPT card to your PC.

Though challenging, it's still possible to buy brand new Windows 10 desktop
computers with real physical serial ports, or add an LPT card.  But it's
almost impossible to do the same with a modern Notebook computer.